06 August 2015|
All musicians of different styles are familiar to blues scale. However, it is difficult to imagine a musician who would not use the pentatonic scale in his repertoire.
This app contains a unique set of modal pentatonic scales, which you can play over certain chords. There are many different pentatonic scales (Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean). Some of them have several names. Therefore, in this app we use more academic scale names. Piano Modal Pentatonics app is a unique material for your improvisations!
● 240 pentatonic scales, which can be easily transposed, resulting in more than 2,800 of total scales (incl. transposition)!
● Easy visual representation of modes
● Theoretical and practical usage for any musical instrument
● Harmony feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which given scales can be played.
● Play piano keyboard on the screen with your fingers
● Piano keyboard is easily movable and resizable with your fingers
● Lock to Mode function. It enables you to play only those notes, which belong to currently selected Mode on the piano keyboard. This is useful to play a melody on keyboard or to quickly listen to selected Mode
● Transpose to any desired key by tapping Transpose button (T) and dragging notes with your finger along the piano keyboard
● Ability to change playback tempo for training
● Ability to adjust a volume balance between accompaniment and piano sounds
● Metronome with precount and adjustable tempo + time signature for training
● Note names are displayed inside the playback cursor
● Degree indicator. It allows you to examine scale steps in detail. (Degree on/off toggle is located at the bottom of the Settings page)
● Sharp and flat signatures correspond to the current scale's key
● Step by step note playback in both directions for detailed learning of scales
● Six selectable harmony timbres to choose from
● Stereo Chorus FX for harmony chords at your choice
● Stereo high-quality sound engine for listening in headphones
● Designed for both iPhone and iPad
● iPhone 5 & 6 wide screen support
● iOS 5.1.1 and up compatible