06 September 2011|
Quartal harmony is a special kind of chords, which consist of intervals of the perfect fourth (P4), diminished fourth (d4) and augmented fourth (A4, tritone). Such famous world classic composers as A. Schoenberg, Bela Bartok, M. Mussorgsky, J. Sibelius and others have featured quartal harmonies in their work. Today many of serious musicians, such as John Scofield, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Mick Goodrick etc., are also using quartal harmonies in their compositions. This list can be appended with genius saxophonists John Coltrane and Michael Brecker.
With ★ Quartal Harmony Guitar ★ app you will be able to bring original mood and exotic sounding into your music, as well as to play your improvisations over these functions. This app will become a great professional tool not only for beginner solo guitarists and accompanists, but also for professional composers and teachers of music theory.
There is NO ANALOGUE in App Store! Try it !!!
- Library of 80 modes (altered diatonic, harmonic, melodic, double harmonic, mixodiatonic, pentatonic), which can be transposed in any key (960 total modes incl. transposition!)
- Each mode can produce up to 30 quartal harmony chords!
- Change a number of notes in chords by tapping "Set" button:
- Setting value of "1" leads to standard note-by-note playback of current mode;
- setting value of "2" : current mode will be played by intervals;
- value "3", "4", "5" and "6" : current mode will be played by chords, which consist of 3, 4, 5 and 6 notes accordingly.
- Name of currently selected chord is shown in the top bar in color (blue, orange and green, in accordance with the color of currently selected chord)
- "Strum" feature: pick any colored chord from the progression by tapping any note on the fretboard and strum on the screen with your finger to play it
- Use the button "Mono/Poly/Strum" to change playback style:
- Mono : monophonic 1-voice sounding of chords/modes;
- Poly : polyphonic 6-voice harp-style sounding of chords/modes;
- Strum : strum-style playback of chords.
- Accompaniment feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which the current mode and chord progression can be played. This feature can be switched off when it is unnecessary.
- Ability to change playback tempo for training
- Ability to adjust a volume balance between accompaniment and solo guitar sounds
- every mode and every chord is provided with corresponding optimal fingerings for your comfort
- transpose to any desired key by dragging notes on the screen with your finger
- note names are displayed inside the playback cursor
- sharp and flat signatures correspond to the current mode's key
- manual step by step note playback in both directions
iOS 3.0 & up compatible. Tested on:
- iPhone 3g (iOS 3.1.2)
- iPhone 3gs (iOS 4.1)
- iPod touch (iOS 4.2.1)
- iPhone 4 (iOS 4.3.3)
Support and Info
All your questions regarding support of this application or any other your questions please e-mail to the following address. We will try to answer you as soon as possible.
Quartal Harmony Links:
Fonexsis Creative Group, 2011